Sunday 28 March 2010

Good Advice Juggling Camera

Lovecraft is Missing by Larry Latham. A very well put together webcomic (still in progress but a good number of pages). Loads of suspense and some great character development. But if you go to the blog section there is also some very helpful advice on things that ought to be common sense, but always seem to get forgotten -storytelling, colour theory, useful things like that.
Turns out HE cant draw straight lines EITHER! And he really cant, he has a shaky hand. I checked through the whole thing and, unlike Thompson who does them anyway despite hating them, not a building in there is entirely straight! It's just using your quirks as part of your style.

I'm feeling a bit uninspired. We've just finished for Easter, and the week before a holiday is always mental. There are a hundred things you need to do and it seems like none of them are work related. Plus I managed to get my days muddled and miss my tutorial. Well done Michelle. So now I'm just pooped, and would like to a) have a break whilst b) still get lots of work done. Hmmmm...
Been sitting up late doing some little character drawings based around Chocfest which was a week or two ago, and is a kind of amalgamation of two of my favourite things, chocolate and juggling. It was a good day, although I spent most of it bemoaning my lack of a decent camera. Still I managed these, which aren't tooooo awful.











It's a beautiful place, the sun was out and the atmosphere amongst a group of common-minded people all enjoying the same weird hobby is always lovely. I just wish my camera wasn't so prone to blur, even simple shots seem to much for it, it has no focus at all, and it either makes everything very grey or very very yellow-like in those three above. None of the people shots I took on it were really worthy, these two shots of Selby Abbey were the only ones without any significant blur, but that's only because nothing is moving!... but then I nicked my friends super-awesome Nikon camera with the telespcoping focus and fared rather better, although he's not put half the pictures I took up on Facebook so I cant post them here.



I know they say a bad workman blames his toold but not in this case. It was an awesome camera and I got some great shots, mostly of people I know who might object to me showing them here. But yeah, I meet a lot of interesting looking people, so I figured I should draw some of them. If they come out ok I'll put them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment