Tuesday 25 May 2010

Fan Picnic

I really need to keep track of where I find these things. If someone wants recognisition for any of these let me know and I'll stick your name on it.

The fact that 3/4 of are fanart for some thing or another is totally coincidental. I just happened to like them for various reasons

First, some Hellboy fanart by Patricio Betteo (see last post but one for my thoughts on him) I love the use of colour on this, and the silhouette. Just check out the bulk of his body and stone hand against his tiiiiny little legs, and tell me that's not brilliant.
















A Harry Potter illustration by this anonymous person
I'm assuming it's the scene from book 3 where Harry summons the Patronus. It's a very simple drawing, limited colour, and I like how it's not actually showing the action scene, but the quiet moment of builup immediately before it, leaving the actual drama to follow to the viewer's imagination.

















As for this... I have no excuse, I just like how retro it is. I would never draw this way but it's interesting to see nevertheless.

















And finally, something not fanart! I don't know who did this, but the 360-degree idea of it is very clever, and makes perfect sense. I printed it out to stick on my wall and spent a some minutes just turning it round and round a few times to make sure I took it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment